- Strong community with Ability to control resources for their Sustainable Development.
- Strengthen the ability of the community to identify, manage and control available resources for their sustainable development.
- Capacitate and empower rural communities in Karagwe and Kyerwa districts on sustainable development without any kind of prejudice
The main objective is to improve the quality of life in rural areas of Karagwe and Kyerwa districts, Tanzania.
MAVUNO’s constitution: As a non-profit organization, MAVUNO is owned by its 411 member families who are represented by their delegates and representatives in the MAVUNO General Assembly. Apart from their members, MAVUNO provides also valuable services and workshops to other people and groups, reaching a beneficiary community of more than 40,000 people in total.
Decisions on the implementation of projects are taken by the MAVUNO General Assembly consisting of members of village, local leaders from rural locations where MAVUNO offer its services.
According to the objectives, the core of MAVUNO’s work is to empower rural people of Karagwe by relieving basic needs, providing practical opportunities, and creating sustainable alternatives. Our five Strategic Key Areas are:
- FEBBA (Food security, Environment, Biogas, Bee farming and Agriculture)
- WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene)
- EDUCATION ( Kindergarten,Primary, Secondary and Adult Education)
- SOCIAL WELFARE (Small crediting scheme, Needy Children’s support, HIV / Aids, Carpentry Workshop ,Women and Youths Development)
- ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
MAVUNO Director: Charles Bahati Head of FEBBA Program: Ibrahim Bamuhiga Head of WASH Program: Joseph Baraka Head of Education Program: Gloria Hermann CASA &Biogas support coordinator: Adam Bitakwate Needy children support coordinator: Matern Shwekerela Beekeeping support coordinator: Clara Timothy Sales Coordinator : Lela Yunus Small loans support coordinator: Jovin Bwanashamba HIV/AIDS support coordinator: Divona Kazimoto Agriculture Technician: Venus Vedasto Agriculture Technician: Mukiza Dickson Carpenter: Muganyizi Alphonce Driver: Evance Rushema Watchman: Boniface Antony Office Secretary: Byera Reverian Cleaner: Venerander Begumisa Cook: Donatha Fabian Gardener: Murishid Kassim
Karagwe is one of the 8 districts of the Kagera Region of Tanzania. It is bordered to the North by Uganda, to the East by the Misenyi District, to the Southeast by the Muleba District, to the South by the Ngara District and to the West by Kyerwa District and Rwanda, which is divided by the River Kagera.
According to 2012 Census the population of Karagwe District is 332,020 and Kyerwa District 321,026.
Karagwe District is characterized by mountain ranges, which are separated by swampy valley bottoms and wet lands. The altitude ranges between 1500-1800 meters above sea level while valley bottoms and wet lands are 1150 meters to 1450 meters above sea level.
Most part of the District has a tropical highland climate. The annual average temperature is 20-22 0C; Rainfall distribution is bi-modal with peak rains from September to December and from March to May. This type of climate makes the Districts very potential for most of Agricultural crops.