The main objective is to improve the quality of life in rural areas of Karagwe and Kyerwa districts, Tanzania.
MAVUNO’s constitution: As a non-profit organization, MAVUNO is owned by its 411 member families who are represented by their delegates and representatives in the MAVUNO General Assembly. Apart from their members, MAVUNO provides also valuable services and workshops to other people and groups, reaching a beneficiary community of more than 40,000 people in total.
Decisions on the implementation of projects are taken by the MAVUNO General Assembly consisting of members of village, local leaders from rural locations where MAVUNO offer its services.
According to the objectives, the core of MAVUNO’s work is to empower rural people of Karagwe by relieving basic needs, providing practical opportunities, and creating sustainable alternatives. Our five Strategic Key Areas are:
- FEBBA (Food security, Environment, Biogas, Bee farming and Agriculture)
- WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene)
- EDUCATION ( Kindergarten,Primary, Secondary and Adult Education)
- SOCIAL WELFARE (Small crediting scheme, Needy Children’s support, HIV / Aids, Carpentry Workshop ,Women and Youths Development)
- ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT